Welcome to my homepage. The following are a list of posts from all the subsections of my blog (listed in the sidebar). To see more, go to the archives for each section.
I talk about a Perl 6 article about discouraging complex mutators.
How I wrote code every day for three years.
How can software be used to help us think better? I propose several approaches in the text.
How I added automatic testing and code coverage to the Perl Clone package on GitHub.
How Alien::Base can simplify building Perl5 Alien modules
Introducing the release of the Statistics::NiceR package for running R code from Perl.
How to make social media work for you with curation and filtering.
Memories of the Internet of the past.
How I scraped videos from Khan Academy so that I could study organic chemistry.
In which I get tired of social media.
A package to for loading test images for image processing.
- Check out the Information Visualization MOOC from Indiana University. [data_science visualisation mooc]
- How people read online: Why you won’t finish this article. [reading behavioural_psychology]
- Map of world ancestry derived from genetic data (companion to the paper A Genetic Atlas of Human Admixture History (2014)). [genetics map]
- The Matrix Cookbook by Kaare Brandt Petersen, Michael Syskind Pedersen: this is a useful reference for different matrix operations [mathematics PDF book]
- International Genetically Engineered Machine (IGEM) is a worldwide synthetic biology competion for undergrads that has been held since 2003.
- My picture is in the 2013 Year end report from The Perl Foundation (TPF) on the very left of page 5 in the PDF. From what I hear, paper copies of this will be sent out to people that attended TPF events in the past few years, meaning it'll go all over the world! [perl]
- Music Animation Machine [music animation visualisation]
This wiki is powered by ikiwiki.